Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snowed-In in Seattle (Sort-Of)

My office and much of downtown Seattle resembles a ghost town today. The school districts are all closed and many offices have closed-up due to a bit of snow and the related traffic nastiness. Seattle is quite hilly, and there has traditionally been maybe one or two snow plows for all of the surrounding county...when it snows a few inches here closures like this occur. I get all puffed with pride when this happens...it took several feet of snow to get a snow-day in Anchorage. I do have sympathy for the northern Seattle burbs, as they tend to get more snow than Seattle-proper (snow that sticks, that is)...

While contemplating snow days and anwering email messages I discovered this hilarious Onion bit. Perhaps I find it hilarious because it reminds me of me, or of who I don't want to be. So, I have blogged it for your amusement, consideration, identification, etc.:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your last.fm page and noticed you've been a Ken's Last Ever Radio Extravaganza listener.

Hi!

- Ken's Last Ever Radio Extravaganza

Sarah Heston said...

werll now it's jan., and i had a snow day IN TUCSON--NO WORK!!